Pediatric Dentistry aims at treating dental problems of children. Various dental health issues affect children of all ages and getting those problems treated at the right time is absolutely crucial for children. The various treatments offered to children include:
1. Fillings: To treat dental decay and cavities in children, fillings are used to fill and seal the cavities.
2. Flouride Application: Flouride application is a process in which a flouride paste is applied to the teeth of the children in order to provide adequate protection against tooth decay.
3. Sealants: Sealants are used in order to seal the tooth and prevent any decay or enamel loss.
4. Preventive Orthodontics: This is a specialised form of treatment which focuses on preventive measures which are aimed at supervision of the growth of the cranio-facial structures which ensure the proper occlusion of the teeth in the upper and lower jaws.
5. Root Canal Treatments for children: Some children develop tooth decay which requires Root Canal Treatment. The Root Canal Treatment is tailor made for children.
6. Treatment of nursing bottle caries: Some children develop caries/tooth decay which arises from the use of baby formula, sweetened liquds etc., which are fed through nursing bottles.
7. Treatment of habits like thumb sucking and tongue thrusting: Babies often develop habits like thumb sucking and tounge thrusting. These habits which may seem harmless often result in the mis-alignment of teeth and improper growth. Various treatment options are available which help address these habits in children.